Thursday, July 31, 2008
I'm pretty much packed and ready to go. The Man still has to do his - he's a guy tho and just takes a few minutes. I started a few days ago, lol.
Without further ado, what you all came here for:
Monday, July 28, 2008
HA - I stayed away from posting anything Betsey Johnson because Vixen did her whole thing on it, lol. These are a few brands I think are known right away from site by most people.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Friday, July 18, 2008
I finally started a Flickr account and just got done fiddling around with it. I need a avatar dude. I think Vixen is working on one for me. She said she had the perfect one in mind so I'm not about to waste my time (I can get so obsessed with making cool things in PhotoShop, lol) if she's already started. Woohoo for me!
Tomorrow night we're going to dinner with my boss out at one of the wineries. He is an elite member (or whatever) and it's a release party so we get to try some expensive dinero wine. And a free dinner. And an opportunity to get all dolled up. How could I say no like The Man wanted me to??? My boss has been bugging me for awhile now and there's only so many times I can come up with lame excuses for declining. Plus, it irritates me that The Man becomes such A Pill over these rare & few in between affairs because he always has a great time. I think it's just getting his ass in gear to do something different from the usual hanging out with friends & drinking. Talk about lazy.
I have been on the Rachel Ray with dinners this week. I made taco pizza, skillet chicken pot pie, boneless pork chops marinated in herbs & garlic with asparagus and quartered red potatoes seasoned with garlic pepper, sea salt & lemon pepper - all cooked out on the grill. Oh yum! The Man got up early and put the pot roast in the crock pot (he has his secret recipe) and I'm going to shred it up and make open faced sandwiches on french rolls. Put sauteed onions and bell peppers on top, then swiss cheese & under the broiler it goes. My house smells Heavenly at the moment!! Vixen would lurve it. LOL
I have to go to the mall this weekend too. The Man needs a shirt and I need a dress to wear to Vixen's rehearsal dinner. I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for - I'm open so I hope I find something I like - that's not a heart attack to my checkbook, you know??
Fuck - the stupid midgets have eaten 3 pairs of my panties this week!! WTF? Cerveza pulls them thru the hamper holes (I know!) even when I stuff in my pant leg or on the side that's up against the wall. Little Siegfried and Roy mother fucker. Then Abbie destroys them. Cerveza doesn't wreck them - I'd just grab them & throw them in the wash, but noooo...she has to go all Courtney Love on them. I'm going to Target this weekend too and getting a solid hamper. Assholes. Sick of it.
I keep forgetting to contact my grandma to see if she wants to do lunch one day during the week. She's going to write my ass out of the will if I keep that up. If she hasn't already.
Oh fuck! I took a digger at work today. Thank F'ing God that no one saw me. I'm wearing a jean skirt too. See, whatta happen was...(we always say that when we're about to tell a story - you gotta add a down-south bayou accent to it) I'm wearing these wedge flip-flops and I apparently stepped on the side of it instead of coming straight down and twisty goes my ankle!
So, I know I'm going down & try to catch myself but that just ends up fucking me up worse. I land on my knee and wrist at the same time, then *oomph* goes my tummy, other arm, face. Rug burns on my knee and elbows. Skirt up around my waist showing the world my baby maker. *DIES* I laughed and hopped right the fuck back up because anyone could be coming around the corner at any time. Oh shit. My wrist and ankle hurt a little but they're ok now. Probably the funniest thing any one's seen in a long time if they had seen it. Sorta makes me sad no one did see it.
Well, it's way past beer-thirty and I'm way past due for one. Have a good Friday night!
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
1. What were you known as in HS (Jock, Princess, Geek)? I was nothing. I partied with people the year above me and then below me (my brother's class). I guess my year probably didn't even notice me - they were a bunch of goody-two-shoes. My brother's class was the FUN one so we partied.
2. What were you really? I was super skinny. People thought I was anorexic but I ate like a pig.
3. If you could go back and tell your 16 year old self one thing, what would it be? Don't waste your time with the surfer guy. M.e.n.t.a.l issues on his part. It was Hell.
4. If you could erase one moment from your school days what would it be? I have a lot to choose from, lol. I hated school. It was boring and unchallenging for me. I finished early but was required to stay all 4yrs. My senior year consisted of a creative writing class, an art class & the last one I helped out in the office (read: stole off campus passes & sold them for $5) before I left at lunch.
5. Who did you not date (or more) that you wish you did? Ha! I had a crush on Jeremy Simpson. A twin. The cuter one.
Bonus (as in optional): If you went to prom, describe your outfit. I went to two. Mine and then my boyfriend's at the time. Shit, I can't even remember what I wore to the first one, but the second one was so '80's style. It was this peach satin skirt and the top was peach with white polka dots. Ewwww....lol.
Monday, July 14, 2008
The Man's buddy was surprised, but he knew something was up. After he left for work, his wife went about to making our beds (air mattresses in the den) and he had forgotten something & came back home & caught her, lol. Tuesday was really fun - like old times here. The rest of the week was just relaxing. They both had to work. I think The Man would move there in a heartbeat if it didn't snow. Like thousands of others would, I'm sure, lol.
It is a different lifestyle up there, for sure. People are...slow. And friendly. They talk to you! They start conversations with you! They smile at you! CA is a very un-friendly state, lol. I felt like I was in a Twilight Zone episode. Doh! And gas prices are a lot cheaper and so is the tax. We got groceries and the tax was only $2.80! And while the cheapest gas here wavers around $4.50, up there it was $3.89. *SIGH*
Two of their friends were major porn stars. It was funny knowing that while having dinner with them. I'm not sure if they knew we knew. One, she still strips and just screams "Crazy-ass bitch" (she's nice, not that mental crazy type, but Hell raising type crazy). But we came home & googled each of them & watched them in action *snort*. They left CA to leave that behind them & start fresh (one is married).
Today is spent taking the dogs to the vet to get their shots updated & get their licenses renewed. Riverside county does this thing every few years of going around & putting notices on doors and you call & have them come back to prove you licensed your dog. PITA, but it's not something I can ignore. I can never remember when Cerveza's license is up (what month - it's a yearly thing) so he might still be ok, but I doubt it since I got the vet reminder card.
Here's a survey Vixen tagged my ass with ;)
1. Link the person(s) who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours…
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them…
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
1) I am a very open-minded person, as in I accept lots of different things, but I have my own STRONG opinions. If that makes sense. I hate certain things in people, but I won't be rude to you because of it. I won't NOT be your friend because of it. Does that make sense?
2) I used to be pitifully shy. I got tired of it & started forcing myself to be more confident. Challenging myself to do things that made me uncomfortable. I still do to this day. I could very easily be a hermit somewhere. It's a constant battle within myself. I'm not a people person. Hole me up somewhere with a shit load of animals & I'm ecstatic.
3) I don't do small talk. 'Gabby' people annoy me. Stop talking already! Enjoy the silence, lol! Really, in social situations, I will keep up the conversation, but you can definitely tell when I want out or don't want to be dragged in. I don't need to fill the air between us with senseless chatter.
4) (Like Vixen I hate talking on the phone too, but I'll pick something else here, lol) It fucking bugs the ever-living shit out of me when someone is in my kitchen while I'm cooking. Get out!! Get out, get out, get out!!! And you want to see me run to the bedroom to scream or I'll deck you upside the face?? Dip your nasty ass fingers in what I'm making to take a taste! OMG - The Man's dad does this and he grosses me out as a person anyway so you can imagine my ire being irked when he licks the spoon and puts it back in!! OMFG OMFG OMFG I feel like throwing it out & starting it all over again. Sit your FAT ASS down and wait until dinner is done - you have enough layers on you that you won't starve!
5) One night stands are a fetish of mine...before I was married. It was a different life time ago.
6) Stupid people really bother me. I realize this is a loaded opinion because one man's stupid is another's genius, but what the fuck happened to common sense? Don't people have it anymore?? Do people just not think anymore?
I probably should have waited later in the day to answer these questions and I could have came up with better ones. You can, obviously, tell that I'm annoyed right now. LMFAO Sorry about that. Off to do laundry & shit!
Monday, July 7, 2008
Sorry, didn't think I would have time to do this today, but I have about an hour of alone/free time so there you go. I won't be around the rest of the week but don't forget to stop by next week!
While I have some free time, I might as well write too. Two of my friends who have blogs are having sorta the same problem and it's one I just.don't.get. They're being left rude anon comments that are hurtful & spiteful. I thought, long ago when I first got into computers & on-line conversations, that it is was incredibly stupid and immature and a huge reflection of one's character to type something on a screen that you would not say to some one's face. And you can puff up your chest and say all you want that you would say this or that to their face, but I'm calling bull-fucking-shit on that one. Bullshit. Some things; yes, but something really rude (you all know what I mean) you so would not. You'd be an asshole.
I believe that if you really would, you would sign your name to that fucking comment & own up to it. Face your repercussions from the other person. Just as if you would say that to their face, you pretty much realize it could end up in a fight. Plus, you wouldn't say that comment to their face with a bag over your head so they couldn't tell who said it, now would you??
That's pretty much what you just did leaving that anon note, dumbass. You just proved to the world and to the person you left the note to, that you are a coward of the biggest kind. You are a pussy, you - in some way - are jealous of them, you are scared of them and that your momma just didn't raise you right.
If she had, you would have remembered these 'in a social situation' tips (I'm not talking about thoughts in your head. Good Lord, we all have our opinions, they just don't need to aired out to purposely hurt someone):
- If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all
- Treat others how you would like to be treated
- You never know the whole story of some one's life
- Don't judge others
- Be open minded
- What goes around, comes around
- Karma's a bitch
- Other people remember the nice people. They want to be around them, they want to do things for them, they respect them.
I think the girls who had this happen to them need to brush it off and stand upright and forget about these pussies who aren't worth their time or effort. Move on & ignore the stalkers - take away their ammunition. They'll get bored. That or play back. Humour & indifference are disarming weapons.
*Steps down from soapbox* I'm off to Idaho before the buttcrack of dawn tomorrow morning. See you all next week!
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
(This pic was taken by an amateur?? photographer. He posts his pix on this one blog/site. I just really liked it. Sorry I couldn't get a link.)
Hola, chaquita bananas...and a few mangos in there too! Hope you all have a great Hump Day. Mah hairs are gettin' a whippin' tahnight. We'll sah what it lerks like tomarra, k?
1. Do you believe in marriage? Well, I'd better seeing how I'm going on 16yrs of it!
2. What is marriage to you? Committment, respect and a lot of hard work. Even after 16ys, it's not easy.
3. If you are married, why did you do it? If you are not, why have you not married? I was barely 20 & needed his insurance, but we fell in love anyway. It's security too. Sometimes, I regret getting married so young. I am a totally different person at 36 than I was at 20.
4. Do you believe in divorce? Yes. I don't believe in divorce at the littlest disagreement. I think people use it as an easy way out, but still...
5. If you are divorced, why did you do it? If you have not, are there certain circumstances under which you would agree to a divorce? I would demand a divorce if he cheated on me.
Bonus (as in optional): [ed note:I am not trying to spark a get political debate, I am much to superficial for that]Do you believe that same sex marriages are a threat to traditional marriages? No - what the fuck are traditional marriages anyway?? No one knows what goes on behind closed doors. I think religious fanatics are hyper-ventilating for their own 'this-is-what-I-*think*-the-Bible-means-when-it-says-this' reasons. What happened to Thou shalt not judge...hmmmm?? True religion is kindness, no matter what higher being you worship. Practice it.